The Little Hideaway

This is my little hideaway. It's little, and hidden away.

Give it a read. IT'S PROBABLY WORTH IT.

Because you never know, I might be writing all sorts of stuff about you.

Friday, 1 June 2007

Catering? What?

I got a job!!! :D :D :D As a CATERING ASSISTANT! lol! :P

I know, completely random. I'll tell you how it happened (mainly so that I can come back here in a couple years in case I somehow forgot how it went lol):

Me and Helen have been coming into town recently to do revision together in Central Library because we're so hopeless at doing it by ourselves, and yesterday afterward revision we were just mooching (lovethatword) around town and decided to get our photo done in a photobooth (which looks terrible by the way lol) but Helen didn't have enough & I didn't have any change. So we went into Wilko's (you know, near Waterstones & Godiva?) and I bought a 10p lolly to get some change. While we were in the queue we started talking about how poor we were (lol) and how we both needed jobs. Then this random lady (who we later found out was called Lynne) turned around to us in the queue and was all like "hey couldn't help but overhear" and she gave us her card, and then she was like "I work in some Catering Agency, give me a call in about an hour and I'll give you an interview" and we were all like "WOOOOOOOO" (inside our heads, 'cause she might take that card back off us again if she thought were insane lol).

So we were a lil bit suspiscious. I mean, who hires people that are standing in Wilko's with revision books and a 10p lolly, just because they're complaining about being poor?

Right, scammers & such.

So we went on the website and it looked alright (check it out if you want) so we decided to give her a call and she arranged an interview for this morning. Yeah. I know. It all happened VERY FAST.

So we went to the interview in our black trousers and such. We had to fill in several million forms as well as reading and signing several sheets with terms and conditions on etc. Then we went back to her office and she talked to us for a while and I was like "Umm not 16 yet.." but she says I can start working as soon as September comes :D

so Helen's going to start before me, and basically all we have to do is serve food and clean tables and such at events (including, but not limited to, The Royal Show! Oh yes. Farm animals. Brrrap.) and weddings etc.

Exciting, no?

Also Helens sister, Catherine, might apply as well. Which is good, because she can drive us to all the random places that we have to work :P

We get paid £5.35 an how which is pretty sweet seeing as neither of us have any training or experience at all. And they could easily get away with just throwing minimum wage at us.

Worst part: I'll have to wear a skirt. And tights. Ewwwww.

but still, MOONEH MOONEH MOONEH :D

------------------------

IN OTHER NEWS:

I'm going to see Pirates of teh Caribbean tonighttttt :D:D:D Exciting, no? Yussssssssssssssssssss.

Will tell you if it's any good.