Okay so about twenty minutes ago I sort of managed to knock my alarm clock off the desk with my leg. Don't even ask.
Anyway the front came off and the battery fell out but I know for a fact that this alarm clock of mine is very robust. I put it back together, set it back on my desk and forget about. S'all cool.
Except ten minutes later, it starts beeping. I'm concerned, and I press the button, hoping that it will all go away. But you see, even if a button had accidentally been pressed it shouldn't have gone off at this time. It's a pretty good thing it isn't going off at the right time though of course, because that would have been a rather unwelcome interruption and 6 tomorrow morning..
But I get on with my life anyway, and forget about the beeps. But then, oh dear. Ten minutes after it started beeping again. Fearing for the mortality of my dear clock, which has been in my life for seven years, I try twisting the button instead of just pushing it. You see, I stopped using the clock as an alarm a couple of years ago, after a series of very late arrivals to school and some very stern looks from my prissy form tutor.
Anyway I think it has stopped now, but I keep glancing at it warily, as though it may jump out and scream at me...
Well you never know.... :|