The Little Hideaway

This is my little hideaway. It's little, and hidden away.

Give it a read. IT'S PROBABLY WORTH IT.

Because you never know, I might be writing all sorts of stuff about you.

Tuesday, 9 December 2008

Baaaa.

So last night when I finally decided to go to bed I still couldn't sleep. I lay awake thinking about nothingness, even working out 22² in my head to see if I could still do that thing with the brackets. You know I'm not sleeping properly when I resort to maths for entertainment.

Then I woke up from a peculiar dream this morning, I don't remember what happened except that the X Factor theme tune was the backing track. I turned off my alarm, but unfortunately I went back to sleep. Then I woke up again at 8:30. I needed to be in school for 8:45 to be on time for tutor period.

It was epic, they should make a film about it. I was like superwoman! I jumped down my ladder and threw on some clothes, swallowed my advent chocolate and scraped my hair into a ponytail. No time for makeup. Grabbed my keys, my mp3 player and my ema timetable.

Then I legged it down to school.

Got there for 8:48 - definitely a record.

Unfoortunately, all this rushing about when all I'd had to eat since yesterday evening was an advent chocolate meant that I had some kind of stitch.

Except it was like, MEGA STITCH. It only went away about half an hour ago when I gave in and slept on the sofa as there was nothing else I could do. That's right kids, I had a five hour stitch. Frankly, I wouldn't recommend it to a friend.

Anyway I then went into town to get some new black trousers (my mum gave me the money as she burnt one of my old pairs!) I must have looked pretty amusing.. I was still in lots of pain so walking at Grandma-speed, my hair is a complete mess, my face is makeupless, I was all hunched over because it was cold and windy, and I had my "Russian Peasant" face on (artist's impression).

I went to Dorothy Perkins first but all their black trousers were £25 - dad only gave me £20. Soo I wandered around there for a bit to see what they had in.. then I went over to H&M and got some of their trousers for £15 :) I'm hoping dad will let me keep the fiver lol.. I'm so poor.. like a Russian peasant..

So then I was going to start staggering home (still in paainn) and then I saw the doughnut stand.

Okay, so, I've resisted this flipping doughnut stand for the past five years. Not only is it sort of a waste to spend a quid on stuffing your face, but you also get four big fat doughnuts to eat to yourself. I guess I could always think of better things to buy.

Buut I'd already resisted boots (as I walked past it practically screamed "CHICKEN AND BACON SANDWICHES, YOUR FAVOURIIITE") and I was tired and cold and pained and peasant-ie.

So I did it.

I got my purse out and found a pound.

The man smiled and pulled a big warm paper package from the side.

I walked for a little while, just clutching this warm paper bag. It was like A Little Princess, when she finds that coin in the gutter and buys herself some hot cakes or something. Except in my version I didn't give mine away to someone who looked a bit poorer, and it was more Russian. I was Katrina Petrova: "Peasant".

Hahaha.

I got home and all thoughts of my secret Russian identity was lost to two paracetamol tablets and a long sleep on the sofa. When I woke up I was no longer in pain and it was awesome.