The Little Hideaway

This is my little hideaway. It's little, and hidden away.

Give it a read. IT'S PROBABLY WORTH IT.

Because you never know, I might be writing all sorts of stuff about you.

Wednesday, 5 August 2009

Hello my dears.

So remember how I was going to go to the Carribbean for gap year in the Autumn?

Well now I'm going to be headed to Southeast Asia. From 20 January until 19 March. That's the new plan anyway. Basically, the ship that I wanted to go on was full on the dates that I wanted to be there. So instead, I've decided to take a trip on the other OM ship called the Doulos, which will actually cost about £100 less.

(EDIT: You can read more if you like, but this is no longer the case)


When I think about it, this will mean that I will have longer to properly fundraise, probably have time to get a good job, spend longer on the ship, have a little more time to complete my DofE gold award and spend Christmas at home. Also it's an area of the world which has always interested me, more than the Caribbean had really.

But it might mean that I won't be able to lead an expedition group next year, which I really wanted to do again.

And finally, the OM lady emailed back to say that I don't need to tell them my blood group. Well that was one giant waste of time then, wasn't it? Haha.