...to last me quite a while.
Got back from the Godiva Festival about half an hour ago - we left not long after The Enemy finished their slot.
I wasn't actually going to go, due to my intense dislike of stupidly loud music, until about 1 o'clock this afternoon when Hannah made me go because she was meeting people that she didn't know very well.
We went to town first, because Hannah wanted to buy a suitcase (yeah I know, slightly random) then we headed down to the Memorial Park and met up with John along the way. When we got there John went off to find his friends and after a little while we met up with Hannah's friend (Becky) and a couple of people that she knew.
We walked around and looked at stalls and stuff for a little while, then we went and sat down behind the electric tent. That was pretty boring, but we read a magazine and couple of hours later it was almost time for The Enemy (waheyy first ever number one from Cov) to play so we got up and went for a little wander before joining the queue to get inside the tent. Finally got inside the tent and could see the stage, but didn't really know any of the songs, so felt a bit bad about using up space in the tent when there were probably some hardcore fans waiting outside.
Then again, this was probably my first non-Christian gig :P Wasn't particularly impressed with the rude people who shove into you, or the ones who chuck their beer at you (keep your disgusting alcohol that you love so much to yourself. I don't want it, mate) or the ones who smell really bad but dance in your face anyway.
Didn't really see many people that I knew, which was sorta worrying because I know of so many people who went - so either they were enduring the music in the main tent, or they were too drunk to say hello. Saw Stevie just before we left, which was pretty cool. She was either a lot more sober than the people she was with, or she was a lot better at pretending to be. She was alert enough to fill me in on the latest truro news, and ask if we know any words in Greek (she's going on holiday there).
Also saw Rosie Kay, who I should talk to more often. She had mud all the way up her legs, and although I couldn't actually hear what she said to Hannah over all the noise, she seemed to be pretty okay with it lol.
In other news, I'm doing Gold for Duke of Edinburgh. Am I insane? Pretty much. However I might do the residential section on a sailling ship. Oh yes.