The Little Hideaway

This is my little hideaway. It's little, and hidden away.

Give it a read. IT'S PROBABLY WORTH IT.

Because you never know, I might be writing all sorts of stuff about you.

Tuesday, 3 July 2007

sun is shinin', and I'm feelin' fine and the birds are singing in the trees

Gooood morning, Vietnam!

I have never actually seen that film.


Good morning to the rest of the world as well.

Though, actually, it's 1:07 right now and I would conclude after casting a deductive reasoning spell that I should be saying good afternoon instead. So yeah. In other words,

Hi Everyone.

Had my first lesson of induction week today, Media Studies. It sounds SO VERY VERY COOL. Hahahaha. I actually can't wait - I know, it's sad, right? Buuuut it looks so awesome! We get to watch films and read books and magazines and stuff for a lesson! Aaand we get to make films! Write, produce, star in, film, direct, edit etc. etc. etc. Doesn't that sound AWESOME? Answer: Why yes, yes it does :D

I'm also taking English Lit, Sociology and Theatre Studies (Drama) - And Ms Bissell (I think that's how you spell it) mentioned all three of those subjects when she was talking about what goes well with Media Studies :D See, I KNOW MY STUFFFF :D

I'm kinda looking forward to Theatre Studies (which, like the rest of my subjects, is on thursday) because as much as I've complained about it and been completely exhausted by it all the way through my GCSEs, I have actually enjoyed it - which is the most important part. I'm not expecting to spend my life as an actress, but I do want to have fun as opposed to spending my life working as hard as I can to do something I hate. I'm also interested to know who will be teaching me, because on the timetable it lists Mr Kyle and Mr Connor-Hemming. I'm glad that Mrs. Smith isn't on there because she makes me want to murder something nearly every time she talks. I'm not overly bothered whether it's Mr C or Mr K but I have had Mr C for the past two years and I don't know if I could put up with him for two more - having Mr K would be a nice change. Then again I've never seen Mr K as a drama teacher (he's been my Year Head for the past 4 years, and he was my English teacher in Year 9) so it'd be weird to suddenly hear him talking about the big four.

All the same, the very very best part of drama is the school trips to see plays and such. They're always awesome.

English Lit and Sociology are more to use up my two other options really, lol. But I do actually enjoy English, and I'm hoping to get a fairly good grade for it in my GCSE results. Sociology is a peculiar subject, the study of society. I'm interested to listen to what this subject is about on thursday morning, because although I know a few things here and there, it'll be good to find out what exactly we'll be learning. I'm expecting to drop that subject after Year 12 but if I like it more than one of the others then, who knows what I'll do?

Anyway, I've ranted for far too long about sixth form. I'm sure you have better things to do than read me going on and on and on. Though, if you do - why are you here? :P

xx