The Little Hideaway

This is my little hideaway. It's little, and hidden away.

Give it a read. IT'S PROBABLY WORTH IT.

Because you never know, I might be writing all sorts of stuff about you.

Friday, 24 August 2007

Woo I'm back!

Hello everyone! Got back from Turkey yesterday, but only had enough energy to check emails & such, couldn't be bothered to write about my holiday. Even now, in fact, I can't be bothered to do a full write-up. Therefore, my week will be explained mainly in picture form, with some captions (as is my favourite form of communication) Here goes:

lol. This was on the flight to Istanbul, I was sitting next to Hannah and we were both amused by this.
This is a badly taken photograph of the Ayasofia (which, until very late in the week, I thought was spelt "Eye of Sophia". Shut up, you.)
Another badly taken photo. Just to give you some idea of why we actually went, the Ayasofia was a Christian church which was converted into a mosque at some point. But they left some of the Christian mosaics on the walls, to represent the two religions getting along together. Lovely. And all the yellow that you see in the photos was once gold mosaic tiles. Whoa.
lol this was when we were in the modern part of Istanbul (social capital of Turkey) They had all these cow things, and someone scrawled 'ROG' on one of them, which happens to be the first three letters of my dads name (Roger).
Mum and Dad, taken from the terrace of our hotel in Cesme (which is near Izmir, where I used to live)
heh. We found it funny that he's wearing shorts xD
My brother, roughly half a second after he realised that a photo was being taken.
My dad didn't even realise that there was a camera in his face. He was surprised when I showed him the photo later.
Hannah saw the camera in time lol.
Mum read for most of the week. Once she finished her own book, she nicked ours as well.
This was a life saver and a half. Supermarkets aren't used as much in Turkey as they are in England, most people just go to the market and such. Markets are a pain though, you have to walk half a mile between getting the different things you want. And they don't have air conditioning.
lol... Fake windows... Faik hotel... get it? xD
Me and Hannah in a little cafe that could only really be described as a Sweet Cafe. They sold ice-creams and puddings and cakes, and you could choose the individual chocolates that you wanted in your box of chocolates. I went there twice for ice cream, and this was when we had lemonade (the proper stuff that isn't fizzy)
Some immature older brother of mine wrote nasty things under my name lol.
My parents on the terrace thing of our hotel in Cesme. This was taken from the beach. Yes we were that close :)
Sunset on the beach.
Me and Han in front of the sunset.
lol out of the number of photos of me and John together, this was the least immature one.
John and Hannah.. The sun wasn't working anymore so I had to use the flash lol.
lol one gets very thirsty whilst in the heat of Turkey.
They kept walking towards me as this was taken, so I had a couple of very close shots of their noses lol. This was the best I managed.
John took this of my dad entering my hotel room.
...Hannah likes Apple Juice, it appears.
This is a picture of the beach, from the terrace.
We could see boats on the other side.. I love boats xD
Mum was rather ill after some of the food we had at the wedding (she was the only one brave enough to eat it, I think).
Hannah was ill too (note that her only breakfast was that cup of full tea)
This was where we got our breakfast from (this was one of those boredom shots)
This is where I used to live!! I know, not particularly attractive. It was my favourite of the three flats though xD
This is the playground of my Turkish primary school. We used to line up here to sing the national anthem on Fridays, and chant the promise thingy which basically said "I will be a good citizen" (but it lasted a great deal longer).
This is the front of the school, my classroom was in that building (I see now that I probably could have gone in if we'd had time, the door is open!) At the top of those stairs is were the headmaster person would stand as we sang the national anthem, and someone in a year above mine would hold a massive Turkish flag. Oh and we sometimes performed things there. I think we might have held a (low budget) school play on that step. I was the princess xD
This is Matt, he's a family friend that has come to England a couple of times, but we've known him for approximately 10 years. He was nice enough to cancel everything he had planned for the day, let us trash his house for several hours, take us out for a meal and then drive us to the airport at 2am. Nice one.

And that's a basical outline of what we did last week. There aren't many photos of what we did in Istanbul for the first three days, but I wasn't really in a photo-taking mood at that point, and my camera holds a stupidly small amount of pictures (I so need to get myself a decent memory card). I tried to scan in the photo of us at the wedding (which was the reason we went) but my scanner said no. Soo... maybe later xD