The Little Hideaway

This is my little hideaway. It's little, and hidden away.

Give it a read. IT'S PROBABLY WORTH IT.

Because you never know, I might be writing all sorts of stuff about you.

Thursday, 13 December 2007

xxx

Got our drama script today.

Oh my word.

I have very few positive things to say lol.

First all, we have to swear like fishwives all the way through. Not that I have a huge problem with that, but it will be a bit awkward in front of my parents xD One of my lines reads: "There's a big devil sat on a roof with a big hole in his arse and he's scooping stuff out of it with a big ladle and it's falling down on us" Pleasant. So pleasant.

Also I don't have a particularly big part. Curse and a blessing really, it's going to be difficult to get a top grade if I'm not given much to do, but I think I have already got enough lines to keep me stuck to the script over Christmas.

Thirdly, the actual storyline. What's going on there?! It's like Outre all over again. Except this time I don't just have to sit through it, I have to spend three months perfecting it.

There is no storyline. Basically there's this woman, Marlene (played Lisa), who's like some kind of employment agency person. A business woman, if you like. She has a sister, Joyce (Bianca) and a neice, Angie (Steph). However Angie, who has special needs, is actually Marlene's daughter.

The other characters are Kit (Joni), who is Angie's friend, Win (Me) who works with Marlene, and Nell (Joni again) who also works with Marlene.

The play focuses on these characters and they talk about themselves a lot, but they don't really do anything and the things that they say aren't quite linked.

THEN there's the bit at the beginning, Marlene is imagining a meal with historical female figures. This seems entirely unrelated to me but according to Mr Kyle it's brilliant. Mehh.

In that bit we have Pope Joan (Bianca), who was a woman that dressed as a man and became pope but actually made the mistake of giving birth in public so everyone realised she was a woman. How she'd managed to hide the baby bump, I've no idea. We also have Isabella Bird (Steph), who was a Victorian traveller who had lots of adventures. Then there's Gret (Me), who is a woman from a painting. She's in some kind of hell, and she's carrying a basket with a frying pan in it. Finally Griselda (Joni), who according to the play had an "extraordinary marriage". I'm too lazy to look up her history, it's too long & not on wikipedia :P

Soooo....

Who wants to come to the performance in March? xDD