It's twenty to twelve and I'm feeling really rather sleepy. It's anyone's guess why I'm still poncing about on my blog.
I found out today that my ema has been halved (apparently we're rich now, or something?) and though I've been feeling very downcast about it all, I realise that I'm very blessed to be receiving it in the first place. I spoke to a good friend of mine about it, and he has set my head straight about it all. I need to get a job, and that's all there is to it. I have plenty of stuff that I can yatter about in a CV & hopefully the places that I apply to will generously overlook my hideous lack of actual experience in the work field. So I definitely owe many thanks to that little gem for keeping my spirits up :)
In other news, I recently booked some open days. Dad said he'd be willing to take me to three open days this month. So I'm going to Liverpool John Moores next Tuesday, Bishop Grosseteste on the 12th and York St John on the 18th. Funny how I seem to be going to lots of places that are named after people heh. The ones that I really want to go to are Lampeter and Hull, but the Hull open day is this weekend, when my brother's home, and the Lampeter one is on the 31st, when I appear to be going on some DofE Leaders weekend.
Now, I've never been on a DofE Leaders weekend (having only recently become a leader) and I'm actually quite excited. They haven't said for definite that we'll actually be going, but I think it would be a lot of fun if we did! One or two people might not be able to make it, but I'm hoping that the majority of my friends will be there. I'm a bit confused about what it actually involves though, but I imagine it's like a big expedition with a LOT of extra clothes! I don't think I'll enjoy camping in November!
We'll see, eh?