The Little Hideaway

This is my little hideaway. It's little, and hidden away.

Give it a read. IT'S PROBABLY WORTH IT.

Because you never know, I might be writing all sorts of stuff about you.

Friday, 10 October 2008

Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements, even if it leads nowhere?

So on October 31st (yes, Halloween) I shall be going away for a DofE Leaders weekend.

Boring, wet and tiring, you say? Nay, say I.

Here is a description from one of the organising leaders:

"Firstly you will all have single en suite rooms in a hotel environment with great food. Almost every activity will be lead by members of our group and very informal. There will be time to chat and have some fun and a hike in the hills on Saturday morning. There will be no charge and hopefully we will be able to arrange transport there and back in other people's cars."

So THAT sounds exciting :D I'm pretty much going to be with lots of lovely people, on some free holiday. Doing a spot of mapwork here and there, perhaps, but essentially just having a nice time :P

This evening at DofE I got to see a list of people who are going, and the girls from my group all seem to be invited so that's rather spesh. We've got some other young leaders too though which is quite nice, I like to have a bit of variety :D

In other news, I recently bought a Spider Fairy costume as part of a 'Who can find the cheapest skirt' challenge. This costume came with three plastic spiders (which I obviously cut off due to being excessively freaked out by them) and my mum has since been hiding them all over the house to scare me! How mean is that?! I had the fright of my life when she put it in the bath, because the lighting is fairly dim in our loo. Even when I realised what it was, I still had to pick it up with some scrunched up tissue lol. Ughhh.