Okay, I've read it. It's good news! They've got my reference from my pastor, so she'll get in touch with the ship (I don't know if that means the office in Germany or the ship itself) and get back to me soon!
Then the email gets a little bit scarier:
Oh. So how much more is that going to cost then? Well apparently it will be £78. On top of that I'll have to pay for my train fare to get to Oswestry.. Don't these people know that I'm totally skint?? lol.. I'll have to see what my parents say, my dad might drive me..For those going on longer short term outreaches we
recommend you come to one of our Getting in Gear
weekends. It's not compulsory but you may find it
helpful particularly as people often go on STEPs and
then want to join the ship for longer (where the
application process is more involved).
Anna sent me last year's schedule, just so that I could get an idea of what sort of talks we'll be having and that. It seems to be mainly focused on people going for quite a lot longer than me - there is a total of three and a half hours about building your support team. Your support team are people who will support you financially and spiritually while you're away, and as someone going away for only two months, my support team will likely take much less consideration than someone leaving for 8 years.
I feel like I've been spoilt by the DofE Leaders Weekend from last year, because I'll probably never go to another conference where I'll be quite as interested in all the talks lol. But I do want to go to this "Getting Into Gear" thing, I think talking about what I'm going to do with people who know exactly what I'm getting into would be a really good idea. Also meeting people who've got no idea what either of us are getting ourselves into would be a bit of a relief too!
Hmmmm. The only one that I can go to is in October, and I have to have my application in two weeks before it starts. I suppose I'll have to make my decision quickly then!
I guess I'll probably keep you updated.