The Little Hideaway

This is my little hideaway. It's little, and hidden away.

Give it a read. IT'S PROBABLY WORTH IT.

Because you never know, I might be writing all sorts of stuff about you.

Wednesday, 11 June 2008

I think I'm running out of oxygen, and it feels good

So, this is it. 11th June.

I've been in England for half a decade today.

What a very, very long time.

I could write a very long post, summing up things that I've achieved in the past five years, writing extensively about the friends and enemies that I've worked through, the obvious achievements, the personal achievements, the developments in social skills, sense of humour, opinion and morals, the people that have influenced me for better or for worse, and of course, the couple of things that haven't changed at all.

However as I would potentially be writing about just under a third of my whole life so far, I might leave that sort of thing for an autobiography when I'm nearing my death bed, which is hopefully not going to be just yet.

Nevertheless, I will say that coming to England at such a crazy time as my preteens was difficult and uncomfortable. I came here essentially confident and secure in myself, only to be right knocked down and built up again from scratch. I'd say it's taken nearly all of those five years for England to fix what it broke.

I think this calls for a quick spontaneous rave lol. You bring the torches, I'll bring the tents, we'll meet at Monsal Head for midnight.